The ever-inspiring @alexandrawrote tagged me on twitter for a writing exercise/inspiration that also asks for a little blogging community love. I love me a writing challenge but even more so, I love me any kind of distraction that will quiet my nerves this week! So, here we go, here are the "not-a-chain-letter-blog-chain-rules:"
-Answer 11 questions
-Create 11 new question
-Tag 11 brilliant minds you'd like to pick to answer them
-Feel the creative juices flow.
Here are my answers to Alex's questions and my questions are below...1. What film do you most often quote dialogue from in conversation?
2. White after Labor Day, blogging about politics. I do both. What’s a rule you think is made to be broken?
I don't think we need to say "God Bless You" every time someone sneezes and coming from a someone who suffers from allergies, it's quite embarrassing when you are in the middle of an attack and people keep blessing you. I'm not dying, just rejecting pollen. But maybe that is more of a " polite manner" I just don't believe in.
3. When you win the lottery (when not if – positive thinking): one time payout or the yearly installments?
Yearly installments. There's no way I would know how to handle a one-time payout.
4. What is your favorite TV show theme song?
The theme song to House, Mad Men and Rescue Me.
5. Taking a page from James Lipton, what’s your favorite curse word?
My favorite curse word is Motha'fucker!
6. When reading the newspaper, what section do you pick up first?
Confession, I really only read the front page. Everything else I read online.
7. If Zoltar could take you back to being a kid for a day, what day would you pick?
I would not ever want to be a kid again but if I had to pick a day it would be in the 6th grade when I hit a grand slam over the bungalows and they never found the ball. I was cheered in at home plate.
8. Do you read your horoscopes?
9. Downton Abbey – really well written or just a fabulous soap opera?
Never seen it!
10. What was your favorite Halloween costume growing up? Or, if you were like me and liked dressing up year round, what was your favorite ensemble?
My favorite Halloween Costume was when I was sixteen and I dressed up as Sally Bowles from Cabaret.
11. I know we type and everything, but what’s your favorite writing instrument?
My favorite writing instrument is the pencil!
1. What do you say when someone sneezes and do you expect them to say thank you in return?
2. If you could invite any seven people to dinner (alive or dead, fictional or real) who would it be?
3. Favorite fictional character from a book?
4. Favorite Fairy Tale?
5. If you could say one thing to America, what would it be?
6. How would you like to be remembered?
7. If you could have experienced another time period, which would you choose?
8. Desert island question - one food, one friend, one movie...who/what would you pick?
9. If you could pick only one mode of transportation for the rest of your life what would it be?
10. Name three places you need to go to before you die.
11. Tell me about a time when a teacher truly inspired you.