-I know that's tough, but I'm excited for you!
-I think you'll be just fine.
-Is what's her name still there?
-Leaving home let's us all fly.
-Are they going to give you a party at least?
-I think this is a good thing.
-There was no movement there anyway.
-Want to get a drink? It's on me.
And these gems which were posted as comments by Adrian, but really merit being on this post.
Per Adrian, things not to say...
- Do you think they'd hire me for your position?
- Wow. I thought you really liked it there?
- Why? What'd you do?!
- At least you'll be fun-employed! Get it?!
- You'll have more free time for your arts and crafts.
- Wow. How are you going to pay rent?
Basically, don't say anything, just listen. You're not going to fix anything by offering half-assed pick me ups. And you might save yourself an hour looking for a card that says I'm sorry I was such a dope on the phone the other night. There are no words. There are no words.